Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Dangly Stuff

A long time ago I saw some tatted earrings that I thought were very pretty.  I don't remember where I saw them, I don't have a pattern for them, I don't know who made them...like I said it was a long time ago.  But they have stuck in my mind so I pulled out some thread and a couple of dangly beads and tried to recreate them on my own.  This is the result:

Motif # C2-4

They are made with Lizbeth thread and the dangle beads have both pink and a slight touch of green in them to go with the colors on the threads (it's kinda an aqua/mint green in there next to the pink and blue)

More earrings coming tomorrow :-)

(if interested these are available in my Etsy shop - http://peachtreecottage.etsy.com/ )

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! Light and summery.

Monica said...

They're lovely!
Did you starch them or anything to stifen them so the design really shows up when they are being worn?
~M

Margarets designer cards said...

Very lovely and gorgeous thread colours.
Margaret

Mary Robinson - Peachtree Cottage said...

Thanks for the compliments. I thought they would look good for summer too :-)

I didn't need starch because they are pretty firm without it but I put a light spray of it on them anyway when I set them. They are hanging in the picture, just like if they were hanging on someone's ear.