Monday, March 28, 2011

Good News, Bad News...

The good news is that for the last 3 days I've had items in various Etsy Treasuries!!  About 4 or 5 of them all total.  It's really nice to get the exposure for my bears and tatting!

The bad news is last Friday I fell....hard!  I was standing in the garage talking with my daughter and leaned back against the door going from the garage to the laundry room.  I thought the door was latched closed but apparently it wasn't.  The door flew open and I went BAM on my butt.  The results are that I've aggrivated my broken tailbone (recieved when I was in the 8th grade) so it hurts if I sit too long and really hurts when I move from sitting to standing or vice versa.  All I can do is keep it heated (heating pad) and lay down when sitting hurts too much...plus some Alieve.  But in addition to that (which is bad enough!) when I fell I tried to catch myself on the doorjam.  Scraped the palms of both hands (thank goodness no splinters!!).  At first I thought it was nothing more than friction burns on the palms, but my left hand developed a bruise in the palm about the size of a quarter or a little bigger on Saturday.  That hand has been hurting every day and as of now isn't feeling any better yet.  The bruise is getting better (at that green/yellow stage now) but the ache is still the same.  At the time of the fall I carefully checked the bones to make sure nothing was broken, but now I'm thinking I might have stress cracked one of them. 

What does all this mean?  It means a delay in getting anything done.  It's hard to sit at the computer for too long and typing makes the hand hurt, plus I can't do much tatting or crochetwise with the hand hurting...ugh...I'm sure it will all be better in a few days, I just hate being 'laid up' and not being able to do things.

That's it for now...hand is hurting from typing this and I am gonna go rest a while.

5 comments:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Ouch! So sorry to read this! That has to be pretty miserable. I guess you'll need one of those 'do-nut' pillows to sit on! It might be a good idea to have the hand checked out. Hope you feel better soon. Glad your items were shown in the Treasuries!

Happy Bluebird said...

Ouch! Hope you heal fast so you can get back doing the things you enjoy.

Congrats on the Treasury showings :)

tatting-marie said...

Sorry to hear of your fall and the pain you are having. But since you can't sit too long, or tat or crochet, or type for very long, then you have to think of something else to occupy your time. You know the saying: turn lemons into lemonaide, well you have to turn your thoughts to something else. Try something else that you have been wanting to try, but didn't have the time to do it. You will learn something new and you can then get back to tatting and typing when you are healed. Good luck!

Margarets designer cards said...

Ouch, hope you are beginning to feel better soon.
Well done for getting items into treasuries.
Margaret

Mary Robinson - Peachtree Cottage said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. I keep sitting on a heating pad and that helps a good bit. It's just gonna take some time to recover. LOL not as young as I used to be so recovery time takes longer these days.