Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tatting 2011

Along with catching up on some of my adminitrative stuff and working on updating my website (which I hope to have finished soon!) I've been taking little breaks here and there and at the end of the evening to do some more tatting.  I finally got some of it blocked and photographed too!  So without further adieu:

Motif # 10:

When I saw this little Hummingbird motif (by Heather Designs) I just had to tat it up in Lizbeth Caribean.  I sometimes get real humming birds visiting the flowers outside my workroom window in the summer and this little one really brightened up a dull winter day!

He's made with size 20 thread but is just barely larger than an inch as seen in these pictures:



Motif # 11:

I also tried my hand at a couple of hearts which I did in DMC red perle 8 thread.  I'm not sure where I saw the design and I'm afraid I didn't note it down at the time like I should have :-(  I like the one on the left the best.  I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with them.



To finish off my left over red thread I did up a couple of little heart earrings adorned with a pearl.  I've done these before so I'm not counting them for the challenge, but thought you might like to see them.

I'll upload more pictures tomorrow :-)

5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Your hummingbird is so cute! The hearts are sweet! And the earrings are adorable! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm amazed how the colors turned out on Heather's sweet hummingbird. You did a perfect rendition of it. It is always fascinating to me how these colorways sometimes work out!

And the hearts and earrings are also very nice. I do like the heart on the left, too. It has a nice shape to it.

Mary Robinson - Peachtree Cottage said...

Thanks for the compliments. I should try the hummingbird again in a different color...hm...I have some on order...I might just test the new colors this way and create a flock of hummingbirds!

Beth Vawter said...

Do you have a pattern for the humming bird. I really like it, but can't figure out how to get to the pattern.

Thanks,

Beth Vawter

Mary R. said...

I'm sorry but the pattern for the hummingbird is not mine and I believe it is no longer available.