First Tatted Doily

Today I'm posting about reaching another goal.  I want to be able to tat all kinds of things not just trims and bookmarks.  From previous posts you can see I also create doilies so one of my tatting goals was to tat a doily.  This is a small coaster/doily called "Merriment" designed by Jon Yusoff.  I tatted it in size 20 thread and it came out at 5.5 inches across the widest points.  So YAY!  I have done a small doily.  Now that goal can change to making a larger tatted doily..hehe.

Here's the picture - Motif # 16:


I've been taking more pictures so expect more to posts to come soon!

6 comments

  1. Congrats on reaching your goal! I see you have the markings of a true tatting addict as you raise the 'barre!'
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and this is only January. Do you aim to achieve all your goals this year? I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the lovely comments. I do plan to do more tatted doilies as time goes on and have more tatting goals for this year, but as I complete a goal I make a new one so I'm never truly done with them lol.

    And yes I'm already admitting to being a tatting addict. Every time I see something someone else has done I'm inspired to try something like it!

    ReplyDelete