Yep, it's me again. This daily posting thing is getting to be a habit lol.
A week or so ago I saw a pretty little snowflake and just had to try it. I love the design, it's Miranda's Angels in the Snow, which is sold at a minimal cost to help raise funds for a very worthy cause. Even though I love the design and it is called 'angels', for me it was a devil of a time to get it done. It took me a bit of practicing to get the self closing mock ring (SCMR) down, but my biggest problem was that I always worked on this late at night when I was tired. I would miscount and have to undo and redo, doing that caused me to un out of thread so I had multiple ends (where I had to cut and start again).
I had a picture in my head of some new threads done in this design so I used them but it didn't come out looking like what I'd imagined...not sure why, it just didn't. All in all, frustration mounted and tired eyes/brain malfunctioned to the point of calling this the 'motif from hell'. When I was done I didn't want to even look at it anymore...so I set it aside for about a week before taking pictures. Now I'm ok with it and still want to make more in this design. I'm still not to sure about the color combo that I used (which I thought would look good together, but seeing it now I'm not so sure). So here it is....
Motif # 8:
On a brighter note a friend told me about a snowflake design by Samantha Melnychuk with butterflies in it. I tried it and it worked up really quickly and came out very nice. I must have done something right because when I showed this one to my daughter she said "It looks like a snowflake"...she didn't notice the butterflies till I pointed them out to her though.
Motif # 9:
I'm not sure what I'll try for my next motif but I'll figure out something soon.