Motif Challenge - Number 5 & 6

I saw this design a while back and have wanted to try it, but never seemed to find the time.  Now that I have some dark green thread (thanks to that shipping error)...well the time was right for it last night.  So I made a Christmas Tree  then turned it into a bookmark!

The tree design is the Tatted Christmas Tree by Be-Stitched.  I added a tassel to the bottom of the 'trunk' to make it into a bookmark.  This is a very easy 1 shuttle design and works up quickly.  It would be good for a beginning tatter.

Motif # 5:

I've also been wanting to test out some of the patterns from Jon Yusoff's Tatted Snowflakes Collection.  I decided to do them in the order of their listing in the book.  First is Alladin.

Motif # 6:

I'm looking forward to working on the next one!  Tatting is so much fun once you get the basics of it down!

4 comments

  1. I love that tree pattern, and yours looks beautiful in the dark green. I love the idea of turning it into a bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dianne. I wanted to put some red and gold beads on it too to make them look like ornaments but I just didn't have the time to fiddle with beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - your scary graphic for your 'dead computer' jumped out at me because I'm not sure how 'crippled' my own desktop computer is. It was recently hit by 'something' and internet access is 'gone'? (Word is OK). I'm awaiting a visit by our computer-savvy neighbor for a diagnosis. At least I have the laptop, but I'm having difficulty publishing blog posts with the laptop. And I have NO IDEA how to 'fix' computers or to 'recover' files!

    Your tatting is excellent, and I love the idea for the tree bookmark. I have that pattern and have always wanted to make it. Jon's snowflakes are so beautiful.

    Again, your animals are so cute! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Word of Advice, Kathy....if you haven't already, make a back up copy of every file you want to keep, and make sure you have the disks for any programs you use. I had my 'keep' files on an external hard drive so I have all those...but the new computer won't let me use some of the older programs I used so now I'm having to find work arounds or go buy new programs (ugh).

    Thanks for the compliments on my work. I try to be very careful when am working on something to make sure it's made well. I'm still have some to go to get to the level of quality that I want for my tatting, but I'm learning and practicing :-)

    The animals and I also thank you for your kind compliments on them as well. You made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete