Flitter & Flutter

If you listen you can almost hear the flitter and flutter of little fairy bunny wings.



Flitter & Flutter are little fairy bunnies which were commissioned by a customer and are what I've been working on lately.  While the bunnies themselves are not all that difficult for me to make (since I love making bunnies), the wings however were a trial.  The tiny thread (size 12 Finca) and hook (size 14) and the color changes were hard on my eyes and I could only work on them for short periods of time at a setting.  The result when finished though came out wonderfully so it was all well worth the time and effort.

I have another commissioned bear I'll be working on next.  A customer wants one similiar to my Quinn (the little harlequin bear) only wants it sewn not crocheted.  I've ordered the supplies and will be starting on that as soon as they arrive.  I'm looking forward to working on this one as it will be a challenge for me to incorporate the harlequin diamond pattern.

In the meantime while I wait for the supplies...I'm working on another doily, this one will be ecru and rose....I'll be posting a picture as soon as it's completed and blocked.

0 comments